2/09/2009

Ski Report, Week 5...

Week five brought a mixed bag as far as skiing conditions. Saturday was the warmest day yet in the low forties. The snow was soft and easy to carve, but the light was very flat and made it hard to see changes in terrain. We are required to do two night duties (duty!) during the season and last night was my first. I like nights, especially when it's warm. The crowds are low and with the lights on things are much easier to see. I worked on my first accident of the year that required a backboard and ambulance. Someone ran into a metal fence.

Sunday was warm, but all that soft snow from the day before had frozen up overnight and never really thawed. It was like skiing on concrete and not much fun. It was a good day to work on crossword puzzles.

My best run of the week was during the Rolling Stones classic, "All Down The Line", presented for your listening pleasure:

3 comments:

Mnmom said...

You had two night duties!! Ha Ha!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for reminding me that the Stones were actually good, once upon a time.

~E said...

Sometimes I actually aspire to be an outdoorsy type of person with the whole skiing in the snow with all the lights thing. But then you say stuff like "ambulance" "backboard" and "metal fence" and I think to myself...yeah...no!