6/04/2011

Splendid...

It occurred to me last night--apropos of nothing--that I have probably never in my life used the word "splendid" to describe anything.  Splendid seems to be reserved for people like Lovey Howell--affluent white women who wear gloves to parties.  And you know what?  That shit ain't right.  Splendid belongs to us all.  I ate a splendid frozen pizza for dinner and took a splendid dump this morning and I'm not going to let my gender or my meager finances keep me from sharing it with the world.

9 comments:

kirby said...

Wait, are you sharing the word or your dump?

Scope said...

I didn't know Mrs. Howell was into bondage, either.

Splendid!

SkylersDad said...

A splendid post my good man, and I believe I will start calling you Thurston. But only when I speak with an underbite!

Mnmom said...

Splendid post my good man.

Gwen said...

I took a splendid dump this morning, too! Well done, old chap.

Johnson said...

Oh no you spendidn't!

Dale said...

I would like 'splendid' to replace 'fabulous' and 'nice'. That would be splendid.

Sans Pantaloons said...

Splendiferously splendid!

Evil Genius said...

This was a swell post.