1/24/2011

Documentary Film Of The Day: The Parking Lot Movie...

This is yet another example of how a documentary can turn a seemingly mundane topic--in this case, a parking lot in Charlottesville, Virginia--into a compelling feature-length film.  Actually, the film isn't so much about the parking lot itself, but about the people who work there and how they (and other service industry employees) are treated by society.  Having worked at several jobs that would be considered menial or lowly by most (my stint as a garbageman comes to mind), I could easily empathize with the employees in the movie.  Plus, it made me laugh.

It is currently available for instant viewing only HERE.  Check it out!

3 comments:

SkylersDad said...

I worked a summer job at the local dump in my small town, I should trade stories with you!

GETkristiLOVE said...

Yay, instantly!


OMG, my word verification is: dicaliqu
Hee!

Coaster Punchman said...

I have noticed it on NFOD - now I will definitely check it out.