3/15/2010

Ways I Annoy The Shit Out Of My Fiancé, Part 2 (Which Rhymes With Poo)...

Sometimes, Megan will tell me she's going to the store and ask me if there's anything special I'd like for dinner. Ever since we went to Hawaii, my answer is always the same thing - pupus (pronounced poo-poos). It's become a reflex. Then I go into a lengthy explanation about how much I love eating pupus and how delicious pupus are. I tell her how the only place I want pupus is in my mouth. It's around this time that she gives me a look that is part revulsion, part pity and I think to myself, "Jeez, don't get mad at me! Pupus are legitimate food items. It's not my fault Hawaiians name their food after excrement."

5 comments:

SkylersDad said...

And still she is going to marry you! Quite the catch that Megan.

kirby said...

I've had Hawaiian friends for years, and I still giggle every time they invite me over for pupus. Pupus like that never gets old.

Mnmom said...

Are pupus eaten with condiments? I can only imagine your extreme joy at finding this word.

Cora said...

And now I'm imagining what kind of dad you'll be one day.....

*snicker*

Prunella Jones said...

I think I saw a video once about eating pupus. Oddly though it was German.